- Bars should only be dropped on wooden platforms, or thick rubber mats like shock-absorbing surfaces, e.g. for overhead dropping BullrocK’s Pro or NVR Platform is recommended, else one can go with BullrocK’s Basic Platform or gym rubber mat to drop from knee height.
- Do not store your bar with loaded plates, especially in a Power Rack or Squat Stand as this can cause bending of a bar over time.
- The bar should not be dropped onto hard surfaces like concrete or asphalt.
- Appropriate plates should be loaded on the bar for which they are designed and intended to use. e.g. Bumper Plates or Competition Rubber plates to perform overhead dropping.
- DO NOT practice your droppings with an unloaded bar.
- Collars are must recommend being used while practising lifts; this ensures the safety of the user by locking the plates and reduces the shocks to the bar.
- Never use a bar if it shows any signs of sleeve damage or if the sleeves do not rotate properly as this may cause injury to the user, please get in touch with team BullrocK for further assistance.
- To read the complete Barbell Maintenance Guide, click here.
- DO NOT let the bars get wet.
- DO NOT clean your bar with high PH solvent’s like detergent, water or alcoholic disinfectant; this will damage the surface coat of bar & tend to rust; reducing the life of the bar.
T-Rex Adjustable Dumbbell Care
- The T-Rex Adjustable dumbbells are strong and durable for regular dumbbell exercise use. Do not intentionally throw them or drop from excessive heights; this may damage the finish of your gear or else will damage your floor. If dropping is necessary, it is recommended to drop but keep the assurance of your safety while dropping the dumbbell.
- Do not attempt to use more plates than the locking screws are designed to hold.
- Although the locking system is simple and safe, it is good practice to check the tightness of the locking End Caps between sets. It is recommended to re-check the locking screw tightness after each use between sets. Do not over-tighten the screws, but if it has been locked tightly then no worry you can use the provided locking-unlocking spanner.
- It is possible to use the dumbbells with an uneven number of plates on either end of a handle, for example: using 5kg single plate at one side & pair of 2.5kg plates on either side. But it is not an ideal recommendation of use because may there be a slight variance depending on manufacturing factors. Ensure to keep the plates even for the right balance on your dumbbell.
T-Rex Adjustable Dumbbell Maintenance
- For smooth and safe operation, it is recommended to clean out the internal threads periodically. You can use WD-40 spray lubricant to flush out the handle threads.
- The inner borehole of weight plates might get scratched over time with use. In case you are worried about the aesthetics, weight plates may be maintained by touching up any paint chipping that will occur during regular use. Any liquid or spray paint will work well.
- WD-40 Oil can be applied on the shaft to prevent from rust & Oxidation. Assurance of keeping the dumbbell away from moisture at most possible that you can increase the life of the gear.
- DO NOT let the Dumbbells Kit get wet.
- DO NOT clean your Dumbbells Kit with high PH solvent’s like detergent, water or alcoholic disinfectant; this will damage the surface coat of bar & tend to rust; reducing the life of the bar.
Bumper Plate Care
- Bumpers can only be dropped on wooden platforms or thick rubber mats like shock-absorbing surfaces, e.g. for overhead dropping BullrocK’s Pro or NVR Platform is recommended else one can go with BullrocK’s Basic Platform or gym rubber mat to drop from knee height.
- Note: 5kg plates are recommended to be dropped in a combination of other bumper plates only. Since these are thin plates, it will eventually tend to damage when dropped alone with the bar.
- Plates should not be dropped onto hard surfaces like concrete or asphalt.
Bumper Plate Maintenance
- Clean your Plate with plain water and cotton fabric.
- Use Silicon oil and cotton fabric to remove tough stains to restore the aesthetics of the bumper plate.
- DO NOT let the water to overflow on Plates while cleaning.
- DO NOT clean your Plates with high PH solvents like detergent or alcoholic disinfectant; this can cause damage to Rubber Plates.
- Always use Rubber or Bumper Plates for Overhead dropping on the Platform while Iron Plates or Urethane Plates are strictly not recommended for overhead drops since it can cause severe damage to the platform structure.
- Make sure the platform is installed on a levelled solid subsurface.
- The platform should be stored in an indoor climate, i.e. dry & clean, for longer life.
- Make sure the bolting is tightened enough before every use, especially while using Band-pegs.
- A ground-bolting option with Pro Platform is recommended to use during heavy resistant band training.
- Clean it with plain water and cotton fabric when needed.
- DO NOT use a hard scrubber to clean the equipment; it can peel-off the protective coating.
- DO NOT let the water to overflow on Plates while cleaning, simply wipe the wooden deck & Rubber mats.
- Though the Platforms are built with water-proof wood, frames are made of CR Steel which is processed with Powder coating for rust resistance. But there is always a chance of rusting due to long time contact with water/high PH solvents like detergents or disinfectants.