- Surface Treatment: The Surface of Olympic Cast Iron Plates is expertly treated under Resin Sand Casting Treatment which provides an improved finish and oxidation resistivity.
- Slim Profile: This means more plates can be loaded on bars.
- Cost-Effective: These Plates are built to fulfill a budgetary appeal towards the Iron Plates for Strength Training.
Note: Please note that this particular batch of cast iron plates has a higher % weight tolerance of 5kg. Hence a special Discount has been applied.
- Weight Tolerance:
1.25kg ±2% 2.5kg ±3% 5kg ±7% 10kg ±3% 15kg +1% 20kg +1%
Browse Category: Plates
Bumper Plates are much quieter than Iron Plates. The workouts that require a focused & quick lifting like a snatch or clean & jerk which incurred with overhead droppings, in that case, bumpers will take care of it & assures your safety by eliminating the disturbance of sound during your lifting with no worry of damaging the plates as well as your platform.
Many powerlifters love the old school clanging sound of metal plates & the hard-solid structure of plates, that actually motivates them. But these plates limit only for powerlifting & not ideal for weightlifting because,
- The clanging sound creates a disturbance during your focused lifts.
- The solid cast iron is not capable of withstanding the overhead drops.
PROFILE OF PLATES
The increased width of plates & uniform outer diameter reduces the stress over the barbell by evenly distributing the rebounding force on the entirely covered barbell sleeve surface without been concentrating theforce at some portion.
The thin profile of the Iron Plates allows you to load more than double weight on a standard Olympic barbell compared to Standard Bumper Plates, i.e. With cast iron, easily 480kg can be loaded on a Barbell whereas Standard Bumpers can hardly be loaded up to 230kg.
These Bumper Plates are built to drop from about overhead height without any worry. This means you can practice various workouts that incurred overhead droppings & also hip height droppings like clean and jerk, snatch, deadlift & other movements without worrying for platform or equipment while dropping the loaded bar.
With Iron Plates, the versatility is limited to powerlifting & general strength workouts. You are not
recommended to drop the weight loaded bar from overhead or not even from hip height. Else, your floor & safety comes at a risk.
- Extreme versatility for workouts.
- Quieter plates allow focused & quick-lifting without any worry.
- Sound reducing & vibration dampening capabilities.
- Durable than Iron Plates.
- Secures the life of associated equipment.
- Easy to grab due to texted finish & slim profile.
- Budgetary option for powerlifting & general strength athletes.
- Higher Weight Loading capacity
- Easy to clean.